Long German words were in the news this year when many sources reported that Germany had “lost its longest word” because the European Union removed a law from its books called (*ahem*): Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz (the law for the delegation of monitoring beef labeling).
But Germany had not in fact lost its longest word, because the process for forming these words is an active, productive part of the language, and the potential exists for creating words even longer, if so needed in the moment. How does that process work?
the worst part about living in the south isn’t the perpetual homophobia, racism or obsession with religion
it’s the fact that 60% of southerners think hunting attire is a goddamn fashion statement
oh god this makes me feel so much better about this scene
good thigh tattoo ideas:
- a list of all the presidents
- wikipedia’s editing policy
- turkey with the head of a dog
- a glass of water
- two glasses of water
- a tiny button on one thigh that says “press here for money” and then a really cool guy wearing sunglasses on your other thigh saying “psych”
- a cat with a goatee
- the entire discography of One Direction